What does a guy who used to build nuclear power plants for a living do when he retires? He moves to South America and reports on lifestyle and real estate for International Living, of course. In 2001, he took an early retirement in the U.S. and moved to Cuenca, Ecuador. Since then, he and his partner, Julie, have lived and traded real estate throughout South America, most recently in Brazil, Uruguay and Colombia. He is International Living’s roving South American editor and a favorite presenter at International Living conferences, and today he joins us to talk about his own strategies for living the expat life on Finding Your Overseas Paradise.
- 100% Retire, Buy Real Estate Overseas - Home
- 43% World Rankings: The Best Places to Live
- 43% 2010 Quality of Life Index: 194 Countries Ranked and Rated to Reveal the Best Places to Live
- 31% Feel Younger, Live Longer: The World’s Healthiest Places to Live
- 23% Where to Find the World's Best Quality of Life in 2011
- 19% The World’s Top Retirement Havens in 2013
Do You Know Where a “Car Payment” Could Fund Your Whole Life?In the right places overseas, what you’d pay for a typical car payment… could fund your whole life. Sign up for our free daily Postcard e-letter, and we'll immediately send you a FREE research report to help you find your perfect, affordable retirement destination. .