In this video, IL Panama editor, Jessica Ramesch, takes you on a day trip around Panama City. You’ll see parts of the city old and new, as well as nearby beaches.
Panama is a fascinating combination of the modern and traditional. The city boasts some of the region’s best infrastructure…most advanced hospitals…etc, and yet the folklore and tradition–the real Panama–is very much alive and thriving.
In this video, you’ll see:
- The PanAmerican Highway and the Bridge of the Americas over the Panama Canal
- Colonial Casco Viejo in Panama City
- The new city at Panama Pacifico
- The Amador causeway tourist area
- The central El Cangrejo neighborhood in Panama City
- MultiPlaza mall, Panama City
- Santa Clara beach, about an hour from Panama City
- A Panamanian grocery store (lots of recognizable brands)
- The beach town of Coronado
- The mountain town of Cerro Azul just 45 minutes from Panama City
Music by Panama’s own Shorty & Slim
Editor’s Note: Learn more about Panama and other countries in our daily postcard e-letter. Simply enter your email address here and we’ll send you a FREE REPORT — Panama: First World Convenience at Third World Prices.