If Grant Perry wasn’t so fond of the surf he would probably be a nomad, wandering around on a camel. He was born and raised in the Bay of Plenty, New Zealand and gained a bachelor of international management degree from Waikato University before setting off on his Big O.E. (overseas experience) in 1996.
He fulfilled a boyhood dream by driving across the U.S. en-route to live in London. The U.S. lured him back two years later and he spent two years each in North Carolina, California, and Maryland, before moving to Ireland. After a year in IL’s Panama office Grant returned to Ireland where he manages search engine marketing.
Articles by Grant Perry
- International Living Facebook Fans’ Original Quotes
Posted on November 16, 2010 by Grant Perry
Here’s a selection of IL’s Facebook fans personal mantras and quotations posted on our wall.
- Worldwide Weird and Wonderful Shenanigans – August 27, 2010
Posted on August 20, 2010 by Grant Perry
Madness and wonderful shenanigans from around the globe this week include human pylons, an inspirational road sweeper, a psychic croc and the first international testicle cooking (and eating) competition.
- Worldwide Weird and Wonderful – August Friday the 13, 2010
Posted on August 13, 2010 by Grant Perry
Nothing too spooky for this Friday the 13th but some interesting discoveries from around …
Our aim is to foster and encourage a community spirit amongst our fans. Please read the following guidelines if you wish to participate in International Living’s social media forums, including the International Living’s Facebook page, International Living Linked-In Group and International Living on Twitter.
- Worldwide Weird & Wonderful Treasures – July 8, 2010
Posted on July 8, 2010 by Grant Perry
Wonderful finds from around the globe this week include celebrity dream homes, crocodiles under arrest and an siesta hotel in Buenos Aires.
- Worldwide Weird and Wonderful Discoveries – July 1, 2010
Posted on July 1, 2010 by Grant Perry
Discoveries from around the world this week included surfing mice, Napoleaon’s $13,000 hair, real life superheros, a psychic octopus and international fairy day.
- World Cup Fever on International Living’s Facebook Page
Posted on June 14, 2010 by Grant Perry
We’ve got worldcup fever and are celebrating the diversity of this truly world sporting event on our Facebook page.
- Weird & Wonderful Finds From Around the World – June 10, 2010
Posted on June 10, 2010 by Grant Perry
We dug up some treasures this week from around the globe. Hey, we couldn’t …
- Weird and Wonderful Finds From Around the World – June 3, 2010
Posted on June 3, 2010 by Grant Perry
Our weird, wonderful and wacky finds from around the globe this week.
The Ballerina and the Panama Coup
She was Britain’s prima ballerina, an international idol of dance whose performances, with Rudolf Nureyev in particular, entranced and dazzled her audiences. But she was also a plotter alongside her husband, seeking the support of Fidel Castro to overthrow Panama’s government in 1959.
- Weird & Wonderful Finds From Around the World – May 27, 2010
Posted on May 27, 2010 by Grant Perry
Check out these weird and wonderful finds from around the world.
- What People Are Saying on International Living’s Facebook Page
Posted on May 17, 2010 by Grant Perry
Below are a small selection of posts, comments and thoughts from International Living’s Facebook page. See what people are saying about IL, the idea of living abroad and their experiences from a variety of countries.
- Win Daily Prizes all May on International Living’s Facebook Page
Posted on May 10, 2010 by Grant Perry
To celebrate International Living’s 30th birthday we’re giving away daily prizes throughout the month of May, 2010 on our Facebook page.
- Vancouver named 11th best airport in the world and top airport in North America
Posted on March 24, 2010 by Grant Perry
Vancouver has been voted by travelers as the top airport in North America and 11th best in the world in the 2010 Skytrax World Airport awards
- Five Flags of Freedom: Keys to Offshore Liberty – Ultimate Event 2010 Presentation
Posted on March 18, 2010 by Grant Perry
It seems this congressman died and went to heaven and Saint Peter was at the gates of heaven and he said, we really think you should consider the possibilities here that there is more than just heaven. He said, we’re going to require you congressman to go down to hell.
- Rush Limbaugh Moving to Costa Rica Over Health Care? Bloggers use International Living Website to Help Him Understand His Choice
Posted on March 11, 2010 by Grant Perry
Rush Limbaugh said he’d go to Costa Rica if the health care bill passed, so bloggers have turned to the International Living website to help him understand his choice.
- International Living Conference in Ecuador Draws International Media Attention
Posted on March 4, 2010 by Grant Perry
More than 370 people, mostly from the U.S., gathered last week to learn strategies for living, working, and investing abroad at InternationalLiving.com’s Ultimate Event V Conference in Ecuador.
- Starting an Import-Export Business: Treasure Hunting for 800% Profits
Posted on February 11, 2010 by Grant Perry
Interested in an import-export business? Ever thought about treasure hunting? Here at International Living, we know a bunch of people who travel the globe and make a very good living as treasure-hunters.
- Not Speaking English in Dallas Can Get You a Traffic Ticket
Posted on December 17, 2009 by Grant Perry
In what they now admit was a mistake, police ticketed 39 drivers in the …
Do You Want to Retire Early?Each day we uncover some of the most desirable -- and cheapest -- retirement havens on earth. Sign up for our free daily Postcard e-letter and we'll immediately send you a FREE research report to help you find your perfect retirement destination.