1. See the Old City of Jerusalem, Israel.
2. Climb Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa.
3. See the Northern Lights from Iceland.
4. Explore the Mayan pyramids at Chichen Itza, Yucatan, Mexico.
5. Ride a gondola through the canals of Venice, Italy.
6. Run with the bulls at Pamplona, Spain.
7. Ski the Andes mountains of Argentina and visit nearby San Carlos de Bariloche and the beautiful lakes.
8. Spend Christmas in Bethlehem, Israel.
9. Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Pichu, Peru (and the entire Sacred Valley).
10. Watch the sun rise over the ruins at Tikal, Guatemala.
11. Take a catamaran or scuba dive through the islands off the coast of Belize. (And, if you’re lucky, observe a Du’gu in Seine Bight…a Garifuna ritual to request assistance from dead ancestors. Very cool.)
12. Go white-water rafting in Costa Rica.
13. Ride an elephant in Thailand…or a camel in Morocco.
14. Walk the Seine just after dark from the Musee d’Orsay to Notre Dame.
15. See Granada, Nicaragua, the oldest city in the Americas.
16. Haggle for a handmade carpet at a market in Istanbul, Turkey.
17. Spend a weekend camping on Fraser Island, Australia.
18. Observe the mountain gorillas at the Virunga Mountains, Rwanda.
19. See the Cuillin mountains, Isle of Skye, Scotland (best at 5 a.m. in September).
20. Visit the Serengeti during the Wildebeest migration.
21. Go to one of the more than 30 thermal spas in Tuscany.
22. Swim with the sea lions in Galapagos Islands, Ecuador (and seals, penguins, sea iguanas, and a vast array of sea life).
23. Swim with whale sharks on Utila, Honduras
24. Climb Volcan Barú, Panama’s highest elevation, for views of both the Pacific and the Atlantic oceans from the top.
25. Visit the temple of Angkor Wat, Cambodia.