The International Living website is a comprehensive resource of essential information to help you find your dream retirement overseas. We offer readers up-to-date, informed, and reliable advice on the best places in the world to live, retire, and travel.
We share stories from expats living their dream lives around the world in a variety of ways, including:
- Expat advice
- Travel tips and hacks
- Listicles (for example, Top 10 Things… The 15 Best…)
- How to’s and step-by-step guides
What are we looking for?
What are the most important things you can tell someone about your life in another country, or a place that you have traveled to? What do you wish you had known before you went there? These are the first person, boots-on-the ground accounts we want to share with our readers.
Think you can contribute? Consider the following questions before you make a pitch.
- Is your story original and does it have one clear idea? In the age of the internet and Google, what makes your story stand out?
- What is the story about and why will our readers want to read about it? Be specific when you pitch a story idea. A destination is not a story idea. An article about Paris: that’s been done a thousand times before. But an article about the five best hidden restaurants in Paris: that’s more like it.
- Is this topic timely?
- How can we tell this story with video?
- Why are you the person to write this? If you don’t have personal experience of the topic of the story you’re pitching, we won’t consider it for publication. Our readers want insider information from the people who’ve done it before. We want your opinion. Tell our readers how to do things, order a meal, buy a souvenir, find a new place, a hidden gem.
Answering the questions above in your pitch will give you a better chance of catching the eye of our website editors.
If possible, include links to examples of your previous work.
Before you reach out with an idea for an article, make sure you understand our content, our style, and whether your idea fills a gap in our content. Take a look at our website. See what we have published in the past and get a feel for the topics we cover and the style of writing we like.
If we publish your article, we will pay you a one-time rate based on word count, $100 for 1,000 words, $150 for 1,500 etc. Our videos rates are as follows:
- $75 for a 5-minute to-camera video.
- $100 for a 5-minute video featuring different locations.
- $150 for a 10-minute video.
- $175 for a 15+ minute video.
Please note, all editorial pitches will be reviewed. However, due to the high volume of inquiries we receive, not all correspondence can be responded to personally.
To submit your ideas and articles, email: [email protected]