I’ve always been one of those people who won’t settle for “ordinary.” Sure, I have done my share of everyday things…but if I can find a way to step beyond the run-of-the-mill, you can bet I will!
One of the ways I left “ordinary” behind was with my career. I spent many years working as a tax accountant—I knew there had to be a better way to spend my time.
I wanted something extraordinary. So…I decided that I could live this life less ordinary as a travel writer.
Here are just a few of the experiences I’ve enjoyed in the last year thanks to my change of career.
- Fishing for piranhas in the Amazon in Peru
- Drinking 300-year-old rum salvaged from a shipwreck off Delaware
- Harvesting cacao from a jungle farm in Belize
- Swimming under a hot waterfall in Guatemala
- Hiking in Norwegian woods with a celebrity chef to pick mushrooms
- Dining beside an ancient pyramid in Lima
- Wandering through ancient Inca ruins at Machu Picchu
- Raising a few pints on a literary pub crawl in Dublin
- Writing a personal message on the Peace Wall in Belfast
- Swimming through a 300-million-year-old cave in Belize
- Sailing on the Bay of Honduras at sunset
- Driving a reindeer sleigh in Roros, Norway
- Riding a horse through the jungle in Belize
- Visiting the last port of the Titanic in Cobh, Ireland
- Walking on the floating islands of the Uros Tribe in Lake Titicaca in Peru
This is just a little sample of my adventures and I have more in the works…
I’m soon off to Dresden in East Germany to ride the oldest fleet of paddle steamers on the Elbe River. Just yesterday, I received an e-mail invitation to sample a new food, wine, and travel experience in Italy…I’m not turning that one down!
Anyone can take a vacation and experience some of these things…but I don’t have to wait for a vacation. In fact, I get invited to explore this fascinating world, meet interesting people, and experience new cultures.
Sign up for IL’s Fund Your Life Overseas e-letter today and we’ll also send you a FREE report about ways to earn money abroad. Simply enter your email in the box below and we’ll send you this free report: Fund Your New Life Overseas With These 6 Portable Careers.