There’s a little mountain town in the interior of Panama where you can still buy a home or a large parcel of land next to a gurgling river.
It’s likely this land will have waterfalls and hiking trails on it…you’ll see wild parrots and toucans and flowers of every tropical variety and color.
The tall grass waving in the breeze will be so green, it would make even the Irish envious… and be so fertile that a broken tree branch stuck into the ground will soon sprout and blossom into a full-grown shade tree.
You’ve probably never heard of this little town…but you will soon, mark my words. It’s only a few hours from Panama City, from where I am writing to you today. Leave here after breakfast and you’ll be in this idyllic village in time for a nap before lunch.
There’s also a small beach town in Panama that you’ve probably never heard of…but where you can still buy a home on a long stretch of beach, and pay very little for it. Very few expats live here, yet it’s less than an hour from an airport. And about the same distance from Panama’s most popular expat locale.
If you were to live here, you could sit on your terrace and watch whales playing with their offspring – this is where they come to give birth. You can see sailfish flipping and diving in the vast blue ocean in front of you. The ocean floor here is 800 feet down, and the fishing is the best in Panama…
Our Final Report From Panama
I’m Suzan Haskins, and this is my final report from the 2012 International Living Fast-Track Panama: Lifestyle and Opportunity Conference, taking place now in shiny, sparkly Panama City. At the end of the day, we’re turning off the lights and pulling the plug on this, our most in-depth conference to date, focused on all things Panama.
Last night we had cocktails overlooking the Miraflores Locks at the Panama Canal. For various (perhaps obvious) reasons, I can’t remember exactly how many ships passed through the canal, traveling in both directions. But there were a lot. Non-stop.
I’m sure you know that the Canal is currently undergoing a massive expansion. Even more ships…giant, super-ships… and even more revenue will be passing through this tiny country very soon.
That 51-mile feat of engineering is a major reason for this country’s tremendous economic stability. Just take a look around and it’s obvious: The average Panamanian has more money today than they’ve ever had before. (I wish I could say the same about my own countrymen and women.)
The truth is that Panama looks better than ever. The new beltway, called the Cinta Costera (that was built adjacent to the Bay of Panama) has reduced Panama City’s traffic problems. A new metro is being built that will help even more.
In rural areas, potholes have been filled and new highways have been built. High-speed Internet is everywhere.
Point is: If you think of Panama City as a Third-World capital, you need to think again. This is the business capital of Latin America and this city has earned every inch of that status. Anything you need or want is here. And in everyone’s opinion, the glory days are still to come.
But, as a couple of expats living here said, “There’s Panama City. And there’s the rest of the country.”
Venture over the iconic Bridge of the Americas or the impressive Centennial Bridge and you’re in the “interior” – a completely different, and some say better, lifestyle experience.
When Harry Met Sally: “I’ll Have What He’s Having”
This morning, after Harry Hunt finished his presentation about his life in the highland town of Boquete, where he lives part-time (he also spends time in that sleepy little beach town I mentioned earlier), the woman sitting next to me – let’s call her Sally – turned and said, “I want his life.”
Later, I saw her talking to Harry. And he was telling her how easy it is do what he’s done. It’s the same advice he gave in his presentation.
Harry talked at length today about his home in Boquete and his home at the beach and why he is so happy…giddy, really…about his “life in paradise.” I’ll sound silly if I try to recap the conversation for you. You gotta hear Harry tell it.
But as you know if you’ve been reading these dispatches, you can listen in for yourself when you reserve your 2012 Fast Track Panama Package – at one-sixth the price!
We’re recording every one of the conference presentations – if you couldn’t be here, this is the next best thing.
Harry said something today, in fact, that made me realize how very valuable this 2012 Fast-Track Panama Package is. When you move to Panama, he said, having trustworthy resources is worth its weight in gold. He specifically mentioned attorney Rainelda Mata-Kelly.
“Whatever you do in Panama,” he said, “Use Rainelda. She’s honest and she’s the best.”
And Harry should know. He tried out other attorneys, he says, and found out that “escrow, in Spanish, apparently means brand new Mercedes.”
All joking aside, Harry says that Rainelda “will save you thousands of dollars and a lot of frustration. If that matters to you, don’t use anyone else.”
Again, if you’ve been reading these dispatches, you know that Rainelda has been an integral part of this conference. She’s spoken about tax obligations in Panama (there are few, but it’s important to know what they are), and she shared all the details of how to purchase real estate in Panama and how to finance it.
Yes, you can get a mortgage in Panama…but there are some things you need to know to make the process easier and ensure your chances of success. She also gave us a detailed look at visa options.
(Remember…Panama is home to the World’s #1 Retirement Program. No matter how old you are, you may qualify…be kind to yourself and learn more about this program ASAP.)
Every Panama Option Laid Bare
Now… back to what I was saying about Rainelda. Attorneys in Panama don’t charge the rates of U.S. attorneys…but if you schedule an appointment with Rainelda at her office to go over these details, you may find yourself paying for a couple of hours of her time.
I’d suggest, instead, you first listen to the recordings included in the 2012 Fast-Track Panama Package. It’s the fastest and most cost-effective way to quickly get up to speed about your options in Panama. (And there are many.) Rainelda’s contact information is included so you can ask her all your follow-up questions. In fact, you’ll know exactly what to ask…
Here are just some of the topics we’ve covered these past three days:
- Former Congressman Bob Bauman discussed the “five flags of freedom.” Do you know what they are? You will when you listen in on Bob’s presentation. Remember, legal landscapes are changing all the time. Where are the best places to live, do business, have a second passport, put your money, enjoy life? Bob gave us the names today. This, too, is information that will cost you hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars to uncover on your own.
- Juan McKay, of the sparkling new Panama Pacifico residential community told us about the brand new city that’s being built on the site of the former U.S. military base on the edge of Panama City. They’re thinking of everything and if you’re looking for a modern, cosmopolitan place to live or start a business, this could be your place.
- Michelle Reyes, local real estate expert, explained how to find a rental property in Panama…and how much to pay. If you want to buy a property and rent it as an investment, she offered up her tips and tricks about doing that. Where, what, how, anticipated ROI, and more…
- International real estate expert Margaret Summerfield gave the most invaluable overview of Panama real estate I’ve ever heard (and I’ve been traveling to Panama and sitting in on conferences here for a dozen years now). She explained how the market has fluctuated over the years…what happened during the boom years, and importantly where the market is right now. She explained where to find the best values and how much to negotiate. “The ‘asking prices’ are just that,” said Margaret. “I’d hazard to say they’re quite negotiable.” And she gave examples that are guaranteed to help anyone looking to buy real estate in Panama right now (as Margaret is, herself, she confessed). “Now is the time to look for fire sales in Panama,” she said.
Your No-Risk Way To Quickly Get Up To Speed About All Things Panama
We’ve had three full days of discussions and presentations. By my tally, we’ve recorded more than 18 hours of information. In your 2012 Fast-Track Panama Package you’ll get every minute…every word uttered here in the conference hall.
You’ll also get a complete package of materials… copies of the handouts, every single PowerPoint and visual presentation. And of course, you get the complete dossier we give to each attendee – a complete rolodex of contacts that can help you hit the ground running if you’re thinking of living, investing, starting a business, or moving even a cent of your money to Panama.
In my e-mails over the last three days I’ve mentioned some of the professionals we’ve heard from here in Panama. Like…
- U.S. tax specialist Nick Hodges who can make sure you stay compliant and out of trouble with Uncle Sam.
- Barefoot Consultant Winton Churchill who can help you use the life-long skills and talents you already have to earn an income no matter where in the world you live.
- Successful entrepreneur Robert Kroesen, whose Panama teak plantation has the potential to earn you a high return on investment and easily and quickly qualify you for Panama residency.
- International Living editor Jessica Ramesch who has combed every corner of Panama on your behalf, discovering the best lifestyle and investment opportunities for you. Jessica definitely must be in your research rolodex if a move to Panama is in your future.
- And there has been expats like Stephen Johnson, Al Fine, Rosalind Baitel, Jon Nickel, and Ingrid Senne on hand who graciously shared their own experiences…their hard-won tips and tricks that will help you streamline your move and ensure your success in Panama.
So please, do yourself a favor…
Reserve your 2012 Fast Track Panama Package now at the lowest price and quickly get up to speed on what we’ve learned here at this conference.
Like I said, Rainelda’s presentations alone can save you thousands of dollars…maybe more. The cost of 2012 Fast Track Panama Package is an outrageously small price to pay for all the insider information it contains.
It’s The Next Best Thing to Being Here and There is NO Risk To You
You can have all the most important information and benefits from this event … the tips, tricks, insider secrets, in-depth tutorials, and a front-row seat to all the action…
Plus the invaluable contact info that you can use right away…
As I mentioned, the Fast-Track Panama Package is a complete package of nearly everything that’s happening at this event. We’re making audio recordings of all 38 of the presentations.
We’re also making copies of the handouts, PowerPoint and visual presentations. And you get the complete dossier we give to each attendee when they showed up here in Panama City for the Fast-Track Panama: Lifestyle and Opportunity Conference. Everything but a rum punch cocktail. (And if we could figure out how to send you that, we would!)
Best of all, we guarantee that our 2012 Fast-Track Panama Package will help you fast track your plans of moving to…or investing in… Panama.
Reserve the 2012 Fast-Track Panama Package at the Lowest Price Available
The full price to attend this sold-out event was $1,095 – but you can secure yourself a copy of the 2012 Fast-Track Panama Package for only $199… a mere fraction of what attendees paid to join us here in Panama City.
And to sweeten the deal, we’re throwing in a $100 voucher toward the next Fast-Track Panama: Lifestyle and Opportunity Conference. Use it to attend next year’s live program (or any future event or seminar you may be interested in).
But, this is a limited time offer only.
Once the 2012 Fast-Track Panama Package is available for download and the initial orders have been placed, we’ll increase the price to $349.
The discounted price includes:
- Audio recordings of all our Panama experts’ presentations
- Copies of all hand-outs and slideshows
- Plus a special bonus report, titled: Rescue Your Retirement in Panama: a Step-By-Step Guide to Living Better and Lowering Your Costs (This report is only available to conference attendees and to you…when you order the Fast-Track Panama Package.)
- And a $100 voucher toward any of our future conferences anywhere, any time. There is no expiration date on this voucher!
Reserve your copy today by completing our secure online form and save $150 on the 2012 Fast-Track Panama Package.
But remember, we’ll only offer this low price until we have the recordings ready to deliver to you. At that point… we’ll charge the full price of $349.
Point is: there won’t be a more affordable time to reserve your copy. This special conference discount is only available until we’re ready to deliver the recordings to you.
After that, we’ll charge the regular price.
I’ll send the information about how to obtain your 2012 Fast-Track Panama Package as soon as we’re finished making copies of the recordings, the handouts, the PowerPoint presentations, etc.
This is your best chance to fulfill your dreams in Panama, whether it’s to:
- Enjoy a comfortable, secure (and utterly relaxing) retirement
- Own a second home in exciting Panama City, on the beach, or in Panama’s glorious mountainous countryside
- Start that business you’ve been dreaming about, or
- Successfully invest in one of the world’s most attractive retirement havens…
As I mentioned earlier, we guarantee that the information in our 2012 Fast-Track Panama Package will help you make your Panama dreams come true…whatever they are. If you don’t agree, we’ll return every penny you paid.
To learn more, go here: 2012 Fast-Track Panama Package.