“In 2007, we had great jobs and were pulling down good money. Our retirement account was growing steadily,” says Ron Moore. “Then, it seemed like overnight, everything changed.”
The car dealership where Ron and his wife, Terresa, were both part of the executive management team, went out of business. As the economy down-spiraled, so did the couple’s savings.
In a matter of weeks, their retirement account lost nearly three-quarters of its value.
They were mad as hell, they freely admit. But they knew they had to retrench. And quickly.
“We knew we could no longer afford to live in California,” Ron says. “And we knew for sure that we didn’t want to look for new jobs.”
Instead of letting the situation get them down, Ron and Terresa took charge. Terresa started downsizing the properties and material things they owned and Ron started investigating the options. The more research he did, the more certain he became.
They Would Move to Ecuador…
It’s a tale with a classic storybook outcome. Ron and Terresa made an exploratory trip to Ecuador. They had just a week to see as much of the country as possible…a true mini-dress rehearsal for the next stage of their lives. They admit to being a little overwhelmed by it all.
But the first place they tried on for size seemed a perfect fit. In the small village of Cotacachi, they bought a brand-new, 1,100-square-foot, two-bedroom/two-bath condo with a magnificent view of the Andes. Price: Just $52,000.
A few months later, they had sold everything in California and started new lives in Ecuador. Carefree lives, emphasizes Terresa, where a restaurant meal is just a few bucks and she can have her house cleaned for just $10.
But Ron and Terresa didn’t stop there. They started exploring more of Ecuador and on a trip to the coast 18 months ago they found a charming little seaside fishing village called Crucita. And in a new, modern eight-story building with glass-fronted balconies overlooking the Pacific, they purchased the beach home they’d always wanted.
For this 950-square-foot, two-bedroom/two-bath condo…with a community swimming pool and barbecue area right on the beach…they paid just $61,800.
Who needs Wall Street when you can have Ecuador? Ron and Terresa are now happily occupying two little corners of paradise here in the equatorial sun. Life is good…
This wasn’t the only story like this we heard today…
I’m Suzan Haskins, reporting from the International Living Live and Invest in Ecuador Seminar in Quito. I’ve been to a lot of conferences in a lot of countries over the last several years but this one is remarkably different.
For one, this is the first full-fledged International Living conference in five years devoted solely to Ecuador. If it has to do with living and investing anywhere within a few degrees of latitude 0 and longitude 77W, it’s been on our agenda.
Truth is, Ecuador is a small country, but it’s HUGE on what it has to offer…from those golden palm-lined (and largely deserted) beaches to tranquil, rural living in places like Cotacachi and Vilcabamba…to modern city living in sophisticated cities like Quito and Cuenca, both of which have historic centers that are UNESCO World Heritage sites. (Imagine living next to a centuries-old Spanish-colonial church or home once occupied by the likes of Simon Bolivar.)
You can have it all in Ecuador
Here’s just some of what we learned today (and keep reading to learn how you, too, can tune in and hear it all):
- The top five expat destinations in Ecuador and what makes them so. Cities, villages, rural destinations, and those gorgeous beaches…we explored them all. And we drilled down and learned first-hand what it’s like and what amenities (medical care and more) are available in locales like Cuenca, Quito, Cotacachi, and more.
- Global real estate expert Ronan McMahon shined the spotlight on the top five Ecuador locales to invest in under-valued (but overly appealing) real estate. What’s driving the market in Cuenca? It’s not North Americans. How much can you expect to earn on a rental property (in big demand) in Cotacachi? Where’s the best stretch of Ecuador coastline to buy large parcels of oceanfront land for $1,000/acre? Ronan spilled all the frijoles.
- Ecuador attorney Dr. Roberto Moreno explained how to legally structure your property purchase in Ecuador (it’s absolutely safe, but the legal system here is different than you’re used to, so these are need-to-know tips).
- Want to avoid the most common mistakes foreign property buyers make? (That’s us, folks…but it doesn’t have to be.) Pathfinder Real Estate’s savvy Margaret Summerfield shared her hard-won tips and advice. Ten of them. Do not miss these if you might consider buying property in Ecuador.
Plus, we drilled down into some of those popular expat destinations in Ecuador, getting the first-hand low-down from experts and expats alike. But what’s it like to live in these places? What’s the real cost of living in Ecuador? What kind of infrastructure and amenities are there? What’s the weather like? What’s the expat community like…and what do they do for fun and fulfillment?
Importantly, we learned how expats can qualify for Ecuador’s public health care system. It costs about $50/month and it’s a one-time fee that covers just about everything… doctor’s visits, lab work, prescriptions, hospitalization, even optical and dental. Attorney Santiago Andrade was in the house to explain all the details…
Health care is an important consideration for all of us, these days. So it was good to learn more about the quality health care available here in Ecuador. Sarah Dettman, a nurse and 20-year member of the Peace Corp management team in Ecuador, knows this country’s health care system inside and out. The advice she shared today, about navigating that system, is invaluable for anyone looking to make a move to Ecuador. What is the #1 thing you absolutely must do before you leave your home country? Sarah filled us in.
What about private health insurance? Insurance expert Maria Jose Hernandez explained all the options and associated costs.
After what we learned today, I can’t imagine anyone left the room without a personal strategy for obtaining quality, affordable health care in Ecuador.
There’s much, much more I’d like to share with you. But there’s just far too much to jot down all the details now.
But… there’s a way that you can get every bit of the important information from the International Living Live and Invest in Ecuador Seminar…
The next best thing to being here
You can have all the most important information and benefits from this event …
All of the things we’re learning here… where to find the best deals on rental properties… where to find the rentals, for that matter… how to analyze and compare real estate prices… where the best medical facilities are… I wish you could hear Kent and Christine Zimmerman’s take on Ecuador and especially Cuenca, the gorgeous colonial city International Living has named as the world’s #1 retirement destination…they offer details of an incredibly easy way to “dip your toe in the water.”
…Plus we’ve been privy to countless pointers, tips and contact info (so very important) that you can use right away…
We’re putting together a complete package of nearly everything that’s happening at this event. We’re making audio recordings of all 35 of the presentations.
We’re also making copies of the seminar workbook, PowerPoint and visual presentations. And you get the complete dossier we give to each attendee when they showed up here in Quito for the International Living Live and Invest in Ecuador Seminar.
We call it our Fast Track Ecuador Package. And we guarantee it will show you how to fast track your plans of moving to…or investing in… our #1 retirement destination – Ecuador.
Reserve the Fast Track Ecuador Package at the lowest price available
The full price to attend this sold-out exclusive event was $1,095—but you can secure yourself a copy of the Fast Track Ecuador Package for only $199… a mere fraction of what attendees paid to join us here in Quito.
And to sweeten the deal, we’re throwing in a $100 voucher toward the next Live and Invest in Ecuador Seminar. Use it to attend next year’s live program (or any future event or seminar you may be interested in).
But, this is a limited time offer only.
Once the Fast Track Ecuador Package is available for download and the initial orders have been placed, we’ll increase the price to $349.
The discounted price includes:
- Audio recordings of all our Ecuador experts’ presentations
- Copies of the seminar workbook and PowerPoint presentations (again, 35 of them!)
- Plus a special bonus report, titled: Modern, Affordable Ecuador: Six Destinations Worth a Look (This report is only available to conference attendees and to you…when you order the Fast Track Ecuador Package.) We created this report specifically to deliver actionable information and real examples about life in Ecuador and the best destinations for expats to consider.
- And a $100 voucher toward any of our future conferences anywhere, any time. There is no expiration date on this voucher!
Reserve your copy today by completing our secure online form and save $150 on the Fast Track Ecuador Package.
But remember, we’ll only offer this low price until we have the recordings ready to deliver to you. At that point… we’ll charge the full price of $349.
Point is: there won’t be a more affordable time to reserve your copy. This special conference discount is only available until we’re ready to deliver the recordings to you.
After that, we’ll charge the regular price.
I’ll send the information about how to obtain your Fast Track Ecuador Package as soon as we’re finished editing the recordings, the handouts, the PowerPoint presentations, etc.
This is your best chance to fulfill your dreams in Ecuador, whether it’s to:
- Enjoy a comfortable, secure (and utterly relaxing) retirement
- Own a second home in the #1 Retirement Haven, on the beach, or in Ecuador’s glorious mountainous countryside
- Start that business you’ve been dreaming about, or…
- Successfully invest in what is the cheapest real estate on our beat in the world’s most attractive retirement haven…
- Live healthier, happier, and better than you ever thought possible and on whatever retirement nest egg you have left! (Expats here report living well on less than $1,000/month.)
As I mentioned earlier, we guarantee that the information in our Fast Track Ecuador Package will show you how to make your Ecuador dreams come true…whatever they are. If you don’t agree, we’ll return every penny you paid.