Cost of Living in Belize
Though Belize isn’t the cheapest country in the Western Hemisphere, it takes less to live well in Belize than in most places in the U.S., Canada, or Europe.
Here’s a sample monthly budget for two people:
· Rent (an unfurnished house): $400
· Electric (without air conditioning): $80
· Water: $25
· Butane gas (for cooking and bathing): $25
· Cable TV (100 Channels): $20
· Internet with landline ($500 deposit plus installation): $80
· Groceries: $150 to $300
· Entertainment (dining out and other activities): $200 to $400
· Maid (about 50 hours a month): $130
· Gardener (about 50 hours a month): $130
· Incidentals: $175
Monthly total: $1,415 to $1,765
*Prices as of 2013
Get Your Free Belize Report Now
Learn more about Belize and other countries in our daily postcard e-letter.
Simply enter your email address below and we’ll send you a FREE report - Belize: The Top English-Speaking Retirement Haven in the Caribbean.
This special guide covers real estate, retirement and more in Belize and is yours free when you sign up for our postcards below.