Please read the following guidelines if you wish to participate in International Living’s social media forums, including the International Living Facebook page, International Living Linked-In Group, International Living on Twitter and International Living Ask The Experts. These guidelines may be updated and it is recommended that you check back every once in a while for updates. New Ask The Experts features may be created which will also fall under these guidelines.
The International Living Ask the Experts page allows people to post questions for our experts to answer, but International Living reserve the right to remove posts that do not follow the guidelines outlined. Failure to comply will result in suspension of posting privileges, and/or complete removal from the page.
Our employees are not licensed under securities laws to offer personal financial or investment advice. Communications by our employees should not be considered as such. Subscribers should always perform due diligence in following our writers’ and experts’ recommendations.
Posts by users who are not International Living experts are in no way associated with or endorsed by International Living. You should do your own due diligence when investigating any product or service offered by community users.
We encourage the asking of questions although all questions may not be answered by our experts.
- Discussions are encouraged, but users should not resort to insults, slurs, or obscene language.
- Respect all users and treat others as you would have them treat you. Respect copyright. Do not post material that infringes any patent, trade mark, trade secret, copyright, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary right or intellectual property right belonging to any party.
- Do not impersonate any person or entity, including International Living experts or representatives, and do not misrepresent your affiliation with any entity.
- Respect that other people may have different points of view.
- We do not allow the use of the Ask The Experts page to push real estate or investments. Only our vetted and authorised real estate providers may do this.
- We do not tolerate setting up fake profiles to enhance companies business opportunities in our community. Any of this unethical promotion will lead to account deletion. It will also result in companies presence being no longer accepted in our community forum.
- Work toward agreement. Argue facts, not personalities.
- Steer clear of topics that are unrelated to the Ask The Experts topics and which could be considered objectionable or inflammatory – such as politics and religion.
- Always write in the first person and identify yourself by name.
- If another user disagrees with your post, provide good reasons why you think it’s appropriate.
- Be specific: When posting a question or an answer, the more context and specificity you can give, the better for other users and International Living experts to engage.
- Do not use harassing, threatening, insulting, abusive, violent, discriminatory (racist, sexist, etc.), hateful, hostile, obscene, profane, or defamatory language.
- Do not flood, spam, post junk mail, viruses, or any other materials that could damage another user’s computer.
- Any personal information you reveal can be obtained and used by others. Please do not post personal information that you do not want to be publicly available, and do not post the personal information of others. International Living will not be responsible for any personal information that you make public.
- Do not knowingly post content that is false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Keep in mind that text is ambiguous and often seems ruder than the same words spoken from a person standing in front of you.
- Please be aware that your questions and answers could appear in Google search results along with your profile. You must contact our customer service team to have this option discontinued and it could take 2 – 3 weeks to implement.
- International Living reserve the right to share questions and answers from the International Living Ask The Experts page on Facebook, Google+, Twitter and other social media forums