For now, you can check out my Zoom chat with Eoin:
Your Comments and Questions
Layton says: If I were to buy foreign real estate it would be for the following primary reasons:
1. Escape hatch from the U.S. in the event of social collapse.
2. Shelter cash in a tax-advantaged way.
3. Base from which to live and travel within the EU.
4. Near major modern medical facilities.
5. Rental potential to subside, if not completely cover, costs of ownership.
Ronan says: Hi Layton. My top two places that meet these criteria are both in Portugal—the Silver Coast and the Algarve. I have bought property in both. But I have chosen the Silver Coast, an hour from Lisbon, as my primary base because I prefer cooler weather (low- to mid-70s F) and I like to avoid the crowds.
The rental market is far stronger in the Algarve, but I can pretty much cover full costs of ownership of my Silver Coast property by renting in the peak summer months when I’m elsewhere. And, as I discuss with Eoin in the video above, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the rental market there is even stronger than I first anticipated.
Portugal is safe, low cost, tax-friendly, offers good healthcare, and is just bursting with investment opportunities. It’s why I’ve bought two properties there and why I’m strongly considering another.